The Palms Aged Care vision is to ensure the service we provide makes a difference to the quality of life of our Residents and that our Staff are valued for their contribution to the Residents improved quality of life.
At The Palms Aged Care we recognise the value of each resident and staff and are guided by our commitment to excellence and leadership.
This is demonstrated by:
- Providing quality physical, emotional, and spiritual care for each of our residents
- Providing a work environment where each staff member is valued and respected and given the opportunity to grow personally and professionally
- Allowing our Residents to continue with their social contacts outside the facility by taking them to bus outings, picnics and concerts and inviting their loved ones to accompany them
- Strengthening our relationships with the hospitals and the Allied Health team and the community for assistance and support
- Recognising that our Residents come from different cultural backgrounds and ensuring their needs are met
The commitment of the Management, Staff, and Community partners to our mission allows us to maintain a quality of presence and tradition of caring.
The Palms Aged Care is committed to consistently meet the Residents’ and their representatives’ needs and expectations. We provide a program that enhances optimum quality of life.
The facility management and staff follow documented processes that comply with the requirements of the Residential Aged Care Accreditation process and also meet the current requirements of the local, state, and federal regulations.
We believe we will achieve success by:
- Being flexible in order to respond to our Residents’ changing needs
- Providing a happy and caring environment
- Respecting our Residents’ rights to privacy, dignity, and confidentiality
- Ongoing consultation with Residents and/or their Representatives to achieve optimum quality of life
- Motivating staff to attend training both internal and external to continually equip themselves with adequate knowledge to better serve the Residents
- Adherence to the documented processes
- Encouraging Residents, Relatives, and Staff to express concerns and complaints and work together towards resolutions to their satisfaction
- Providing social independence and freedom of choice
- Providing a variety of activities appropriate to the residents needs and interests
- Providing our residents with a sense of security and comfort
- Making the relatives and visitors feel welcome each time they come to the facility
- Continuous improvement
Management is committed to the successful implementation and maintenance of a Quality Management System and it is the responsibility of all employees to follow the systems in place and to actively participate in continuous improvement.