The Palms Aged Care
Let us introduce ourselves!
MESSAGE ON COVID-19
Due to the highly contagious nature of the COVID-19 virus and the increased vulnerability of residents, we have taken firm measures to try and stop it from entering our facility. We commenced screening all entrants (visitors, contractors & staff) to the building on the 6th March. Screening criteria is updated along with the current risk in our community.
*update from NSW Health 7th Jan: Social outings – Individual and group excursions
Residents of The Palms are able to leave the facility to attend family gatherings of fewer than 5 people, if there will be no persons at the event that during the last 14 days have been:
- residents Northern Area of the Northern Beaches, City of Wollongong, Cumberland City Council or the Canterbury Ward of Canterbury Bankstown Council.
- a close contact of a person confirmed with COVID-19 and are within their self-isolation period
- in any of the locations listed on the have been to any of the latest COVID-19 locations in NSW at the times and dates listed, excluding the monitor for symptoms list
- living in a household with a person who is a close contact or otherwise currently self-isolation
*update from NSW Health 7th Jan: Visiting
- All visitors must wear a surgical mask whilst within the facility.
- Facilities must exclude visitors from Northern Area of the Northern Beaches, City of Wollongong, Cumberland City Council or the Canterbury Ward of Canterbury Bankstown Council and people who have visited any of the latest COVID-19 locations in NSW at the times and dates listed, excluding the monitor for symptoms list
- Residents may have a maximum of two visitors each day. They may have different visitors each day provided they are not from the Northern Area of the Northern Beaches, City of Wollongong, Cumberland City Council or the Canterbury Ward of Canterbury Bankstown Council.
- In light of the above updated advice, scheduled visiting will recommence at The Palms on Monday 11th January 2021. Please phone reception on 9521 2963 after 9am Friday 8/1/21 to make an appointment.
- At present visitors to residents in both single and shared accommodation are required to make an appointment to allow us to monitor the number of visitors each resident receives each day – this is to comply with the NSW Health directive.
Please also see the latest news and updates from NSW Health: Click Here
The Palms Aged Care is committed to offering high quality care for our clients. Proudly located in ‘The Shire’ for over 30 years, we cater for both high and low care needs, permanent and respite consumers.
Our Alkira wing has 44 beds, most with ensuite whilst our Allambie wing has 25 deluxe single rooms each with private ensuite. Our beautifully appointed common dining and lounge areas offer access to WIFI and Foxtel. Our facility is fully air-conditioned to ensure comfort all year round.
**VACANCY AS AT 14th January 2020**
We currently have 2 male vacancies in our Alkira Wing. Please phone 9521 2963 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a tour so you can come to meet our caring and experienced team or to join our waiting list.